Friday, February 3, 2012

GR8 Players 4GE History

Get it? No? Sound it out. GR8 = great. 4GE = forge. Great players forge history. Why the numbers? Well, not only did my Edmonton Oilers beat the Chicago Blackhawks 8 - 4 last night - while I was in attendance no less - but #89 Sam Gagner scored 4 goals and tied the Oilers points/game record with 8 points. Since the end of the game last night I've been playing with words in my head trying to think of something witty to put on a hat to give to Sam, since I did not throw my beloved 2010 Draft hat onto the ice after his third goal. My best ones were:

GR8 PLAYERS 4GE HISTORY
VICTORY IS 4 GR8 PLAYERS

What do you think? Suggestions?

I'm picturing writing out the full words in white with the numbers in orange behind their respective words, but we'll see how it goes. I'll post pictures when/if I get it done.

I'm still processing how amazing it was to be a witness to history last night. It took me all day to find someone to come with me - to the point where I was wondering if I would be going alone or not going at all - and finally got ahold of a friend who didn't already have plans. It was even her FIRST NHL game, which made the night even more special.

It also hasn't escaped me that it was Groundhog Day yesterday, and if you've ever seen the Bill Murray movie "Groundhog Day", where his character repeats the same day over and over, you'll understand the irony of watching the same thing happen over and over: Gagner scores! Gagner scores! Gagner scores! Gagner scores!

No comments:

Post a Comment