Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY Hockey Player Rock Art (Using a Broken Stick)

I've decided to dedicate one of my small flower beds to my favorite hockey team, the Edmonton Oilers. I have started gathering seeds/plants for blue and orange flowers, as well as blue and orange rocks to go around them. I will also include some broken hockey sticks as decoration and to keep the dog out of the flower bed.


It occurred to me to include a little hockey player in the bed, so I built an inukshuk, or rock person, using two round "leg" rocks, an oblong "body" rock, a round "head" rock, and a piece of aluminum hockey stick for "arms". I added a water-less Oilers logo tattoo to the "body" rock and a couple stickers on the "shoulders". I glued it all together using GOOP, and had to use a black pop bottle cap behind the legs to get it to balance properly, but I think it turned out pretty well.



No comments:

Post a Comment