Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I ♥ Ladybugs!

I love ladybugs - both live ones and decorative ones. I have ladybug glasses, a magnet, wind chimes, tea towels, a table cloth, a dish for my pot scrubbers... My mom also painted some ladybug rocks for me, along with a rock that says: ladybugs welcome. I have other ladybug decorations in my flower beds and my library contains the fantastic book Ladybugs of Alberta by John Acorn.

As a teenager I had the unique experience of discovering what I can only describe as a ladybug nest. At first I thought the ground was bleeding, because it looked like red veins flowing out from a bubbling, raspberry-like center. I cautiously moved closer and found that it was thousands of pin-head-sized ladybugs, bright red with two tiny black spots each, rushing up out of the ground and off into the world in little trails. It was amazing.

I came across this wonderfull ladybug-themed party and am posting the link here in hopes that someone will host one for me for my next birthday: Hostess with the Mostess.

No comments:

Post a Comment