My friend loves sunflowers, so for her birthday I decorated a bunch of cupcakes to look like sunflowers.
- yellow icing
- chocolate "kisses" or Oreos
- chocolate chips and red icing OR red candies and chocolate/black icing
- chocolate icing (optional)
1. After baking the cupcakes, stick a chocolate kiss upside down into the center. This will be the center of the flower. If you prefer to use an Oreo, you'll want to stick it down with icing.
2. Using a flat decorating tip, apply the yellow icing in stripes out from the chocolate center to form petals.
3. Stick a chocolate chip upside down into the yellow petals and add a red dot of icing, half on top of the chip and half off (or put a dot of chocolate icing and stick a red candy to it). Add accents with chocolate icing, like spots on the ladybug and seeds around the center of the flower. DONE.