Sunday, July 7, 2013

Camo Birthday Party

For my husband's recent birthday, I went with a camo theme, decorating with some store-bought camo party supplies, a roll of camo wrapping paper, and a few military themed items from his collection. I didn't want to focus too much on either armed forces or hunting, as my husband loves them both, so I stuck mostly to just camo, brown, green, and a shot of orange.

A few highlights:
- camo cupcakes
- camo ice cream
- camo party accessories including plates, napkins, and table cloth
- camo wrapping paper wrapped around bottles of water and ginger ale
- pretzel sticks and mint gummy candy leaves displayed in jars
- orange snacks like cheddar cheese, cheesies, and cheese nachos


CUPCAKES




For the cupcakes, I mixed up a white cake mix and a chocolate cake mix, then divided the batter into four bowls:
1. plain chocolate = dark brown
2. plain white with green food coloring added = green
3. mostly chocolate with some white = light brown
4. mostly white with some chocolate = beige



I then dropped the different colors into the cupcake papers randomly in different sized and shaped drops.

After they were baked, I made up brown (chocolate) icing and green icing and put both into an icing bag to decorate them.




ICE CREAM


First, I tinted some slightly melted vanilla ice cream with green food coloring.


Then I randomly dropped the green and chocolate ice creams into my container.


Once I was done, I put it back in the freezer to harden.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! This Como birthday party is awesome. Have never arranged such a themed party but planning to have this theme for my sister’s birthday party at one of venue NYC. She will like these unique arrangements. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I hope your sister loves her party!

      Delete